Previous College Credit

James Harding University accepts transfer credit from institutions that are:

  • Recognized by an agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
  • Earned through a University-approved corporate training course

International Credits

James Harding University accepts credits from international educational institutions if they are recognized as the equivalent to an accredited institution in the United States. This allows students who have already completed prior college education courses to receive credit for their effort, and encourages them to continue further studies.

National Testing Exams

By achieving high scores in standardized tests like AP, CLEP, and DSST, you will have a better chance at getting accepted to James Harding University.

Procedure for Requesting Credit Transfers for
Previous Qualification

While filling out the Application Form, you will be asked to indicate all other institutions that you have previously attended. Our admissions officer will assist you in requesting your official transcripts and/or other required documentation. Those documents will be sent to our Credit Transfer Evaluation Services Department for analysis. Once the evaluation is complete, you will receive your results via email and on your JHU account.

Required Documents for Transfer Credit (U.S. Students)

  • Only official transcripts will be formally evaluated. Official transcripts are original academic records received directly from the issuing institution.
  • Acceptable Documents from International Institutions:
    • International transcripts in a foreign language must be translated into English by a certified translator. Both the original and translated documents must be submitted. All educational documents must have a seal or signature from the school to be considered official
  • All documents must be original or a certified copy.
  • Secondary school transcripts must be accompanied by a diploma or a certificate.
  • Result Slips are not accepted as sufficient documentation for transfer credit purposes.
  • If transcripts were evaluated by an outside agency, original transcripts must accompany the evaluaiton